TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions
Holiday Accommodation Terms & Conditions
Should the State or Federal Government impose travel restrictions, your booking may be cancelled. In the event a booking must be cancelled due to Government directives, a full refund will be provided, minus the applicable booking fee and Credit Card surcharge fee.
All reservations remain subject to the owners’ approval. The owner may cancel reservations at any time including reservations with deposits in place. The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However, the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances such as: the property is sold, the property is altered in any way, changes to tariffs, malfunction of any inventory articles, the property is withdrawn from letting or the property has an owner booking. Should any of the above occur every reasonable endeavour will be made to find alternative accommodation. Otherwise all rental monies paid will be refunded in full. Travel insurance is recommended particularly for high cost bookings.
The Agent accepts no responsibility for actions by the owner of the property i.e.- property/contents altered, property sold, withdrawn from letting, increase of tariff or alterations thereto.
Payment can be made via credit card (a 2.0% surcharge will apply).
A deposit of 50% of the tariff plus the booking fee, any other fee’s incurred by a third party booking portal and any other optional costs such as linen hire, cot hire, etc is required to secure a booking and is required within three (3) business days of the booking being made. Should your booking be made after November 1 for the summer school holiday period, the tariff is to be paid in full.
Our agency reserves the right to reject bookings with groups under the age of 25 years old.
The Prom Coast Holidays property service charge is not refundable.
At the time we receive your booking you will be asked to return to our office a copy of our Check In Form, Terms & Conditions, including your full credit card details. You can return your fully completed Terms and Condition via email, or posting to our office (17 Main Street, Foster VIC 3960). Failure to supply these within seven (7) days may result in your booking being cancelled.
Your credit card is required to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to breakage, damage, or excess cleaning requirements, etc. An estimate will be taken when the property is inspected, and this amount will be deducted immediately from the credit card provided. If the cost of the required works turns out to less than the estimate, we will reimburse you for the overpaid amount. If the invoices are higher than the amount deducted, we will deduct the outstanding amount from your credit card.
Extra Charges that may apply:
• Carpet cleaning $100 minimum
• Cleaning/putting away cutlery/crockery/pots/pans etc $50 minimum
• Cleaning of BBQ $50 minimum
• Removal of rubbish or pet waste $50 minimum
• Loss of keys $55 plus the cost of the replacement keys
• Damage/breakages AT COST
• Failure to place council bin/s on curb side for emptying $70 minimum
The balance of the rental amount is to be paid in full 30 days prior to entering the property or by no later than the 1st of August for our summer school holiday bookings.
Failure to pay the balance of the rental amount on time may result in the owner cancelling the booking and re-letting the property. In this instance, your booking fee is non-refundable.
4. Cancellation fee:
• Cancellations for bookings over peak holiday times (all school holidays, Easter, Christmas, Public holidays and long weekends) are refunded only when the Property is fully re-let for the same period (all dates need to be
covered by a new booking at the same or greater accommodation rate), when less than 8 weeks' notice is provided.
• Cancellations for bookings outside the peak holiday times (all school holidays, Easter, Christmas, Public holidays, and long weekends) are refunded only when the cancellation is made at least 14 days prior to the original
• All cancellations must be in writing.
• If a tenant cancels a booking, no refund is available unless the property is re-let for the entire period. If a refund is made, then a $110.00 cancellation fee will apply. Furthermore, the booking fee will not be refunded.
• No refunds will be made for an early departure or refusal to stay at a booked property. Our agency will not be held responsible if the accommodation does not meet your expectations. Relocation is not an option.
• Travel insurance is recommended, particularly for high-cost bookings.
• Please note: A change of booking dates attracts the same conditions as for cancellations. Stockdale & Leggo Booking Fees are non-refundable.
• Third party booking sites (Eg: HomeAway/Stayz & Air BnB, etc) will charge a SERVICE FEE; this fee is not paid to Prom Coast Holidays, and is a charge made independently by the third party booking platform, and cannot be
refunded by Prom Coast Holidays.
• In the event you require a refund of the service fee paid to a third party booking platform (Eg: HomeAway/Stayz & Air BnB, etc), you will need to contact the platform you booked on directly to process any service fee
• In the event we are unable to contact you, or you do not respond to our attempts to contact you, or your payments are not made by the due date/s (or all of those scenarios), your booking will be cancelled. In this instance,
any monies paid will not be refunded. If you are unable to meet your payment due dates, please contact us, and an extension on the due dates will be reviewed and may be granted.
• If the booking payment was made by Credit Card or EFTPOS the credit card surcharge will not be refunded.
5. Prices are subject to change without notice.
6. Check in:
Check in is anytime from 2 pm on your day of arrival. Access details such as specific location of a property and access codes will be provided on your day of arrival at approximately midday via an automated email system. If you are found to have accessed the booked property before the 2 pm check in time without prior consent from the agency, an extra night of accommodation will be charged for the early access.
Check in details will not be provided if you have not returned your completed Check In Form, Photo ID, COVID Safe Guest List, and other required documents as requested by the agency. A $0.01 cent pre-arrival verification that the credit card provided in the signed Check In Form & Terms and Conditions is valid will be done within 5 -7 days of your arrival. The tenant is required to collect keys from and return keys to the key safe at the property you have booked. Only one set of keys is provided per booking.
No parties will be given key access information until a Check In Form has been completed and received by our office, the tariff for the stay has been paid in full and a pre-authorisation has been successfully completed with the credit card provided.
Access information will only be given to the primary guest.
Should there be any issues with the property or maintenance requests, they will not be attended to until the next business day.
The agent is not responsible for alternate accommodation or any other costs when guests have not checked the property access information sent by email on the day of arrival. The agency takes no responsibility for guests providing us with incorrectly entered email addresses or phone numbers as their contact details.
7. Check out:
Check out is strictly at 10am. If a tenant fails to vacate the property by 10.00am, a fee ranging from $110.00 to the equivalent of one night’s accommodation will apply, depending on how late the departure occurred.
Place the keys back into the keysafe and relock the keysafe upon your departure, using the same combination that was provided to you to access the keys at check in.
The property should be left in a neat and tidy state, including all doors, windows locked securely before you leave. Fees will apply if the property requires excessive cleaning after your departure.
8. Conditions of the stay:
• The number of persons should not exceed to the number indicated on the registration form or the number subsequently agreed in writing with our office. If at any time we find you are accommodating more people than
you have advised, we reserve the right to evict all guests from the property.
• No caravans or tents are permitted on the premises.
• One set of keys will be provided for the duration of the stay. It is the responsibility of the tenants to coordinate the possession of keys between themselves. If these keys are lost or need to be replaced a fee of $55 plus the
cost of the replacement keys will apply and will be charged immediately on departure. After hours’ delivery of lost or misplaced keys is not guaranteed. If it is possible to provide replacement keys for the property after
hours, a call out fee of $100.00 in cash will be required at the time of the keys being provided.
• Parties and functions are strictly prohibited. Strictly no Schoolies, Bucks or Hens nights. The tariff charged is for domestic use only. Use of the property contrary to this may result in immediate eviction with no refund
• The agency reserves the right to inspect the property at any time of day or night if we are made aware of inappropriate behavior or breach of these conditions. Disruptive or illegal behavior will be grounds for immediate
eviction from the property.
• To ensure you are not charged for damage or excess cleaning that is the responsibility of the previous guest, please contact our office immediately upon arrival to inform us so the items can be inspected. Do not rectify the
problem yourself. Failure to do so will attract any fees and charges payable as a result of the damage, cleaning, etc.
• No smoking is allowed inside any property. Please be considerate and do not leave cigarette butts on the ground.
• Pets are not allowed unless specific arrangements have been made in writing with the agency. There may be specific ‘pet friendly’ properties so please ask ahead if this is what you are after. All pets must be outside at all
times. Additional fees may apply if we find pets inside a property. There will also be a fee charged to you if we are required to clean up after your pets following your stay.
• The agency and the owners take no responsibility for guests’ personal property if left at the property.
• All losses, breakages and damage must be replaced, paid for, or made good to the satisfaction of the owner/agent.
• All properties are self-contained excluding linen unless stated otherwise. Items such as sheets, towels, doona covers, pillowcases, tea towels, washing powder, toiletries, food and beverages are not supplied.
Linen is required to be used on all beds used through your stay. If our cleaner reasonably believes that linen was not used the guest will be responsible for cost of laundering all bedding.
• Each property may have additional ‘rules’ that apply. These will be listed in a prominent position within the property and will form part of these terms and conditions.
• The property/surroundings must be clean and tidy, and any rubbish is to be left in bags in the correct outside bins when you vacate. The bins should be left at the front of the property on a Sunday for collection on a
Monday morning. If excess rubbish is left, or the property is left extremely dirty, you will be required to pay a fee to cover extra cleaning/rubbish removal.
• Should the bins not be left out for collection during your stay, or at the end of your stay (if your stay does not include Sunday night), you will be charged a rubbish removal fee without further notice to you.
• There will be no tariff reductions for failure of appliances within the property that do not affect the safe and hygienic use of the property. Defective appliances will be repaired / replaced as soon as practicable, given the
remote locations of Sandy Point, Waratah Bay, Fish Creek, Toora, Walkerville and Port Welshpool, and surrounds.
• A BBQ may be provided at the property for your use. Please ensure the BBQ and BBQ utensils are left cleaned upon your departure. Failure to comply will result in a $55.00 fee.
• If you have booked a property with a fireplace, combustion heater or other open flame type of heating, we recommend that you bring a supply of firewood with you, as we cannot guarantee a supply of firewood at each
property. Firewood can be purchased at most service stations, some supermarkets, and the Sandy Point General Store (subject to their own stock levels, which we have no control over).
• If the gas bottle on the BBQ runs out of gas you may swap it over at the Sandy Point General Store or arrange a swap at the Sandy Point office located at 111 Beach Parade during regular business hours. Please note that
some properties do have a spare gas bottle.
• We do not guarantee TV reception or performance or internet performance. In the event of the property being for sale inspections with prospective purchasers may be necessary during reasonable hours by appointment.
If we, the agency, are required to attend to the property during your stay a $60.00 call out fee may apply. The fee for an after hours call out for lost keys is $100 in cash.
• Depending on the location of the property, water may be supplied by a tank, bore or via the town’s main water supply. Town water is not available in Sandy Point or Waratah Bay. Guests are to use rainwater responsibly at
all times as supply is limited. Guests with very young children and those who are concerned about drinking rainwater are advised to bring their own or purchase bottled drinking water. Water is available for purchase from
the Sandy Point General Store and from other local supermarkets.
• Any repairs, maintenance or service that Prom Coast Holidays deems to be necessary for the property or any equipment located at the property, or any repairs, maintenance or service for the property or any equipment
located at the property that is reported and requested by guests, will be effected as soon as practicable. However, due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond Prom Coast Holidays control (e.g. awaiting parts,
tradespeople unavailable) immediate repairs, maintenance or servicing may not be possible and Prom Coast Holidays accepts no responsibility for these circumstances. To the maximum extent permitted by law, no refund or
compensation will be provided by Prom Coast Holidays due to the failure of any services, equipment or other contents provided at the property. You must allow maintenance, repair or service personnel to enter the property
during reasonable hours by arrangement (and at any time in an emergency) for the purpose of conducting any maintenance, repair or service. Guests requesting a service call which is subsequently found not to be
required will be charged the applicable service call-out fee.
• Any printed, electronic, written, or verbal description of the Property or its location by Prom Coast Holidays or its employees is made in good faith and to the best of Prom Coast Holidays knowledge. To the maximum extent
permitted by law, Prom Coast Holidays makes no warranties, express or implied, and disclaims all warranties, with respect to the Property, including without limitation any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular
purpose or correspondence with description and Prom Coast Holidays is not liable to you for any errors or omissions relating to the description or location of the Property. Where Prom Coast Holidays liability to you cannot be
excluded, Prom Coast Holidays liability is limited to a refund of the accommodation fee paid by you for the Property.
• Any information or terms and conditions contained in holiday brochures or websites are subject to change without notice, and to the extent of any inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
9. Indemnity – You, the guest, indemnify the agency against any liability which may attach to the agency as a result of damage, injury or loss being personal or proprietary suffered by any person where damage, injury or loss has been contributed to or caused by any act or occasion of the tenant or his/her visitor.
10. Privacy collection notice – Your personal information collected by Prom Coast Holidays is used to allow us to provide a professional service. We are required to obtain your consent to the collection and use of your personal information. The information collected may be disclosed to other parties including the landlord and tradespeople. If you would like to access your personal information held by us, you can do so by contacting Prom Coast Holidays in writing on the contact details listed on this form.
Credit card tokenization allows for guests’ card information to be saved and may be charged for certain losses or expenses. Prom Coast Holidays reserve the right to further charge the credit card in relation to any items as mentioned within the Terms and Conditions or for the House Rules as displayed at property.
Last Updated: 13/12/21 PB/CP